Friday 25 March 2016

The Survivor

Don't discern me by my tilak,
that skull cap's neither mine
I agree I go to a temple
but in the minaret too my heart lies.
My unknown tongue, don't detest it so
it means the same, just a
matter of different sounds
My slanted eyes, my pale skin
is only how your God
chose to make me look
I am not the one who killed
in the name of some holy vow
nor the one who planted that bomb
to kill my own kith and kin.
When those two worlds were clashing
I swear, I did not sin
and saw them tear apart
the roots of their own existence
I often speak
but they seldom understand
and the ones that do
will never take a stand
sometimes in fear, sometimes in hate
sometimes in search of opportunity
and profusely, gravely, misplaced faith
They live, they fight and die
to be born in that fire again
while, I sombre like the air
float infinitely in the sky
I see it mutely
and feel the arrows listlessly pass
for every mortal blow of yours,
dearest, survivor I shall be called.

No comments:

Post a Comment